Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to book an appointment?
A: We always recommend you book an appointment as we do get very busy and we would hate for you to have a wasted journey. By booking an appointment you are guaranteed one of our extra large changing areas and your own dedicated consultant for an hour and a half.
Q: What are your opening hours?
- Tuesday 10am–6pm
- Wednesday 10am–5pm
- Thursday 10am–6pm
- Friday 10am–4pm
- Saturday 10am–6pm
- Sunday & Monday CLOSED
Q: Do you allow children?
A: Yes, we are child friendly but do ask that adults keep a close eye on them, purely for their own safety.
Q: What is the price range of your wedding dresses?
A: Full priced new gowns which are made to order start at £599 and go up to £2000. We will always work within your budget and also have a selection of off the peg gowns available starting from £99.
Q: What sizes are your samples?
A: Our samples range from size 10 to size 24, with the majority being 14’s and 16’s.
Q: How long are the appointments for?
A: Appointments will last an hour and half.
Q: Do you carry out fittings and alterations?
A: Yes, we offer a full fittings and alterations service to all brides who order a new wedding gown. Unfortunately, we can’t offer this service on off the peg ex sample dresses but we can recommend a local seamstress.
Q: Do you offer fittings on weekends or evenings?
A: We are unable to offer fittings on evenings and Saturdays, fittings take place between Tuesdays to Fridays before 6pm.
Q: How much are alterations?
A: You are only ever charged for the work carried out, we do not offer ‘alteration packages’ as this often works out more expensive. At your first fitting, you will be advised as to what needs to be done and the cost associated with it.
Q: Do you box dresses for weddings abroad?
A: Yes, we offer 2 types of cabin approved wedding boxes which can be ordered from us and we will happily box your dress for you. Included in this service is a complimentary re-steam of your gown when you get home, if you are wearing it to a party.
Q: Do you offer a gown cleaning service?
A: Yes we can have your gown professionally cleaned and boxed after the wedding. Prices vary depending on the gown and the size of the box required
Q: What payment is required when I find ‘the one?’
A: If there is more than 8 months until your wedding, the initial payment is £200 with the balance up to 50% required when we measure you and order the gown, and the remaining 50% when your dress arrives.
12 Point Plan
2. Select 2 or 3 close friends or family to bring with you. Too many people make it very confusing for you, however we don’t put a limit on numbers.
3. Browse the collection and make a list of favourites, but come with an open mind.
4. Let your Serena Bridal consultant use her expertise to help you find ‘the one’
5. Tears, sometimes yours, sometimes your families, sometimes not at all (they come on the day when you’re head to toe ready!)
7. Dress gets made for you
8. 5 months-ish later we call you for your first fitting. You need to have your shoes and undies!
9. We carry out all fittings in store but aren’t able to do them on evenings or weekends, so please be prepared to perhaps take time off from work or work through lunch!
10. You only pay for the work carried out on your dress and will always be given a price before we do anything. If you would like to take it to a seamstress of your choice, you are more than welcome.
11. Fittings completed! Hugs all round and off you pop
12. GET MARRIED !!!!!!